New year’s day in Oxfordshire
Isle of Grain, 2012
From an abandoned project
Click here to see full high-quality video flipthroughs of two of my publications, amongst other fourteen-nineteen titles, courtesy of Photobibliophile.
The LA Art Book Fair opens tonight!
Our books (but unfortunately not us) will be there all weekend, courtesy of our friends Good Press Gallery from Glasgow.
They will also host a signing on the Saturday at 1pm for Nathanael Turner’s At Water, Los Angeles.
A mix for February 2014.
01. Conet Project - Iran/Iraq Jamming Efficacy Testing / Samuel Beckett - Embers (Excerpt) / Ron Morelli - Radar (Version)
02. Omar-S - Helter Shelter
03. Huerco S. - Ragtime USA (Warning)
04. Tommy Wright III - Life in FCP
05. Actress - Ascending / Conet Project - Backwards Music Station / Tod Dockstader - Piece #6
06. Call Super - Informer
07. Greg Beato - Hawo
08. tobias. - Balance
09. DJ Pierre - Box Energy
10. Move D - Ovi Riese
11. Losoul - Open Door
12. Fonda Rae - Living In Ecstasy (J.C.’s Ecstasy Dub)
13. Mike V - Feelings
14. Gerry Read - Beatin My Dick To the Beat
15. DJ Booman - Pick Em Up (Unreleased Mix)
16. Boddika, Joy Orbison & Pearson Sound - &Fate
17. Heatsick - Dial Again / Delroy Edwards - For Club Use Only
18. Underground Resistance - Install ‘Ho Chi Minh’ Chip
19. Woo York - Solar Diet
20. Transportation AAD - Last Train To Lexington / Resonance - Yellow Train
21. T++ - Audio1995#8
22. DJ Harlow - Waxwork (CP Mix)
23. Deuce - Twerp Wiz
24. Contakt - Rhodophyta
25. DJ Fofuxo - É Africa
26. DJ Paul - Paul Wit Da 45 / Philip Jeck - Demolition / John Cage - Third Construction / Conet Project - Random Pop
210 / Unit 3 Cambridge Heath Road
London E2 9NQ
'…at the same time photography reveals in this material the physiognomic aspects of visual worlds which dwell in the smallest things, meaningful yet covert enough to find a hiding place in waking dreams, but which, enlarged and capable of formulation, make the difference between technology and magic visible as a thoroughly historical variable.'
- Walter Benjamin, On the Mimetic Faculty
'The capacity of mimetic machines to pump out contact-sensuosity encased within the spectrality of a commoditized world is nothing less than the discovery of an optical unconscious, opening up new possibilities for exploring reality and providing means for changing culture and society along with those possibilities'
- Michael Taussig on Benjamin, The Physiognomical Aspects of Visual Worlds
That is a polaroid taken in my back garden.
I have a new series of works being shown at FIFTEEN WARREN, a group show in NYC curated by Sean Vegezzi, Abeline Cohen and Andrew Kass.
The show is across three floors of an industrial construction site, it is open for a week. Private view tonight, and more info here: www.fifteenwarren.com