I am so excited to begin working on our next Fourteen-Nineteen title - Blisner, IL by Daniel Shea. Daniel is an incredible artist and also an intelligent human being, it is an honour to work with him. We have announced three pre-order options for the book, including some pretty special prints. Pre-orders are a really special way to offer your support and help, especially for more ambitious projects like this, so please take a look - and a big thank you to all of you who have pre-ordered already. In Daniel’s words…
For the past few years I’ve been working on an extensive body of work about a fictional Illinois coal town, Blisner. I’m working with London publishers fourteen-nineteen to release a hard cover monograph this fall, available in time for the NY Art Book Fair. We just launched the pre-order options!
Books are expensive and time-consuming to produce, in addition to the years spent working on the projects they contain. Pre-orders are a way of fund-raising to make the project actually happen. If you were going to buy the book anyway, please consider purchasing it now. Then you will have a nice treat in the mail in September.
'The discovery of time led to the realisation that one could lose a place forever, even if it continued to exist. The perspective of today is different. We no longer mourn ideal places, but we are losing the real places that create identity. The imaginary and the real are trading places. In non-places we dream of real places, just as our ancestors dreamed the reverse. We dream the dreams of a person who has gone away. In this reversal, every fixed places is related to an open space, and - conversely - open space is related to a place where one can actually arrive as a traveller.'
- Hans Belting, An Anthropology of Images
Excited to share a new project I will be a part of - Galeria Pedro Alfacinha will open in September 2014.
More information soon. I suggest signing up to our mailing list, or following on Facebook.
Thames Bank Composite #01
New year’s day in Oxfordshire
Isle of Grain, 2012
From an abandoned project
Click here to see full high-quality video flipthroughs of two of my publications, amongst other fourteen-nineteen titles, courtesy of Photobibliophile.
The LA Art Book Fair opens tonight!
Our books (but unfortunately not us) will be there all weekend, courtesy of our friends Good Press Gallery from Glasgow.
They will also host a signing on the Saturday at 1pm for Nathanael Turner’s At Water, Los Angeles.
A mix for February 2014.
01. Conet Project - Iran/Iraq Jamming Efficacy Testing / Samuel Beckett - Embers (Excerpt) / Ron Morelli - Radar (Version)
02. Omar-S - Helter Shelter
03. Huerco S. - Ragtime USA (Warning)
04. Tommy Wright III - Life in FCP
05. Actress - Ascending / Conet Project - Backwards Music Station / Tod Dockstader - Piece #6
06. Call Super - Informer
07. Greg Beato - Hawo
08. tobias. - Balance
09. DJ Pierre - Box Energy
10. Move D - Ovi Riese
11. Losoul - Open Door
12. Fonda Rae - Living In Ecstasy (J.C.’s Ecstasy Dub)
13. Mike V - Feelings
14. Gerry Read - Beatin My Dick To the Beat
15. DJ Booman - Pick Em Up (Unreleased Mix)
16. Boddika, Joy Orbison & Pearson Sound - &Fate
17. Heatsick - Dial Again / Delroy Edwards - For Club Use Only
18. Underground Resistance - Install ‘Ho Chi Minh’ Chip
19. Woo York - Solar Diet
20. Transportation AAD - Last Train To Lexington / Resonance - Yellow Train
21. T++ - Audio1995#8
22. DJ Harlow - Waxwork (CP Mix)
23. Deuce - Twerp Wiz
24. Contakt - Rhodophyta
25. DJ Fofuxo - É Africa
26. DJ Paul - Paul Wit Da 45 / Philip Jeck - Demolition / John Cage - Third Construction / Conet Project - Random Pop
Two postcards I made will be exhibited in The Postcard is a Public Work of Art, at X Marks the Bökship. Opens on 23rd Jan, see you there!
210 / Unit 3 Cambridge Heath Road
London E2 9NQ